Areas of Interest:
- Trade Policy
- International Economics
- Inequality and Poverty Reduction
- Computable General Equilibrium Models
- Trade Facilitation
- Gravity Models
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne and Paris School of Economics, 2010
- M.A (DEA), International Economics University of Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne, with high distinction, 2006
- BA, Economics, Cairo University, 2005
- Senior Economist at the Economic Research Forum
- Associate professor, Economics Department, Faculty of Economics and Political Science, Cairo University, 2016-Present
- Director of the French Section, Faculty of Economics and Political Science,
Cairo University, 2016-Present
- Senior Economist (part time), Economic Research Forum, 2017-Present
- Economic Advisor to the Minister of Planning, Monitoring and
Administrative Reforms, 2017-Present
- Karam, F and Zaki, C. (2018) “Why Can’t MENA Countries Trade More? The Curse of Bad Institutions”, Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance.
- Ramzy, M. and Zaki, C. “Do Environment Regulations Matter for EU-MENA Trade?” Applied Economics.
- Helmy, O. and Zaki, C. (2017) “On the Nexus between Internal and External Macroeconomic Imbalances: Evidence from Egypt”, Middle East Development Journal. vol. 9 issue 2, pages 198-232
- Karam, F and Zaki, C. (2016) “How Did Wars Dampen Trade in the MENA Region?”, Applied Economics, vol. 48 no. 60, pages 5909-5930.
- Zaki, C. (2017) “On the Determinants of Structural Imbalances in Egypt”, Egypte Monde
There are no Articles found