Areas of Interest:
- International Trade
- Micro Theory
- Labor and Human Resources
- Political Economy and Institutional Economics
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Maryland at College Park, USA, 2005
- M.A., Economics of Development (with merit), Institute of Social Studies, The Hague, The Netherlands, 1997
- B.Sc., Economics, Faculty of Economics & Political Sciences, Cairo University, 1993
- Senior Economist/Researcher German Development Institute (DIE, Bonn, Germany)-present
- Professor, Economics Department, Faculty of Economics and Political Sciences (FEPS), Cairo University, Egypt-present.
- Visiting Fellow, Stanford University, California USA-Feb 2015.
- Visiting Associate Professor, Department of Public Policy and Administration, School of Global Affairs and Public Policy, The American University in Cairo, Egypt-2014.
- El-Haddad, A. (online February; 2017), “Welfare Gains from Utility Reforms in Egyptian Telecommunication”, Utilities Policy, hard copy forthcoming.
- El-Haddad, A., Furness, M; Loewe, M and B. Trautner (2016), “Assessment of the IMF 2016 loan to Egypt”, Opinion Piece for the German Ministry of International Cooperation (BMZ), Stellungnahme für das BMZ.
- El-Haddad, A. (2016), “Development banks in the Middle East and North Africa region: strategies, activities and potential connections to German Development Cooperation”, Opinion Piece for the German Ministry of International Cooperation (BMZ), Stellungnahme für das BMZ.
- El-Haddad, A. (2016; August), “Government Intervention with no Structural Transformation: The Challenges of Egyptian Industrial Policy in Comparative Perspective (in Arabic); رؤية لاتجاهات السياسة الصناعية المصرية فى ضوء بعض الدراسات المقارنة ” ERF Working Paper Series, No. 1038, Cairo: ERF.
- El-Haddad, A. (2016), “Female Wages in The Egyptian Textiles and Clothing Industry: Low Pay and Discrimination,” Review of Economics and Political Sciences, 1 (1), January, pp. 1-35.
There are no Articles found