Areas of Interest:
- Energy Economics
- Global and National Macroeconometric Modelling
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Cambridge, 2011
- M.Phil., Economics, University of Cambridge, 2006
- B.Sc., Economics (First Class), University of Warwick, UK, 2004
- 10/2017 – present: Affiliated Senior Research Fellow, Cambridge-INET Institute, University of Cambridge, UK.
- 06/2017 – present: Thematic Co-Leader of the Macroeconomics Theme, Economic Research Forum, Cairo, Egypt.
- 08/2016 – present: Research Associate, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis (CAMA), Crawford School of Public Policy, Australian National University, Australia.
- 07/2016 – present: Associate Editor, Middle East Development Journal.
- 06/2016 – present: Associate Fellow, USC Dornsife Institute for New Economic Thinking (INET), University of Southern California, USA.
- Is There a Debt-threshold Effect on Output Growth?, with A. Chudik, M. H. Pesaran, and M. Raissi, forthcoming in Review of Economics and Statistics
- Long-Run Effects in Large Heterogeneous Panel Data Models with Cross-Sectionally Correlated Errors, with Alexander Chudik, M. H. Pesaran, and M. Raissi, forthcoming in R. Carter Hill, Gloria Gonzalez-Rivera, and Tae-Hwy Lee (eds.), Advances in Econometrics (Volume 36): Essays in Honor of Aman Ullah, Emerald Publishing.
- Commodity Price Volatility and the Sources of Growth, with T. Cavalcanti and M. Raissi, forthcoming in Journal of Applied Econometrics.
- The Global Impact of the Systemic Economies and MENA Business Cycles, with P. Cashin and M. Raissi, forthcoming in I. A. Elbadawi and H. Selim (eds.), Understanding and Avoiding the Oil Curse in Resource-rich Arab Economies. Cambridge University Press.
- The Differential Effects of Oil Demand and Supply Shocks on the Global Economy (2014), with P. Cashin, M. Raissi and M. Raissi, Energy Economics 44, pp. 113-134.
- An Empirical Growth Model for Major Oil Exporters (2014), with H. S. Esfahani and M. H. Pesaran, Journal of Applied Econometrics 29:1, pp. 1–21.
- One Hundred Years of Oil Income and the Iranian Economy: A Curse or a Blessing? (2014), with M. H. Pesaran, in P. Alizadeh and H. Hakimian (eds.), Iran and the Global Economy: Petro Populism, Islam and Economic Sanctions. Routledge, London.
There are no Articles found