Current Fields of Study:
Empirical modeling of economic growth, inequality in education and wages by gender, returns to education and educational attainments by gender, savings, cigarette consumption, alcohol consumption, traffic accidents, privatization, female labor force participation, job satisfaction, unemployment duration, private tutoring, brain drain, internal migration, economic performance and elections, adult health issues, causal effects of education on wages and health.
Areas of Interest:
- Labor and Human Development
- Economic Growth
- Ph. D., Economics, State University of New York, 1979
- M.A., Economics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 1972
- Professor, Middle East Technical University, Applied Econometrics, Econometrics, Economics. Graduate and Undergraduate, 1994 – present
- Associate Professor, Middle East Technical University, Applied Econometrics, Econometrics, Economics. Graduate and Undergraduate, 1986-1994
- Assistant Professor, Middle East Technical University Applied Econometrics, Econometrics, Economics. Graduate and Undergraduate, 1983-1985
- “Voter Reaction to Government Incompetence and Corruption Related to the 1999 Earthquakes in Turkey,” (joint with A. T. Akarca) Journal of Economic Studies, 2016, Forthcoming.
- “Unemployment and Labor Force Participation in Turkey,” (joint with Z. A. Özdemir and E. Aksoy) Applied Econmics Letters, August 2015, 23 (3): 184-187. DOI: 10.1080/13504851.2015.1064071. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13504851.2015.1064071
- “Resources on the Stage: A Firm Level Analysis of ICT Adoption in Turkey,” (joint with D. Fındık) in Comparative Economics and Regional Development in Turkey, B. Christiansen and M. Erdoğdu (editors). Chapter 6. August 2015. IGI Global Publishers, Hershey, Pennsylvania.
There are no Articles found