Areas of Interest:
- Economic History
- Ottoman Economy in the early modern era
- Economic Growth
- Ph.D. in Economics, University of California at Berkeley, USA, 1978
- M.A. in Economics, University of California at Berkeley, USA, 1974
- Professor of Economics and Economic History, Bogaziçi (Bosphorus) University, Istanbul, 1994-present
- Professor, Department of Near Eastern Studies, Princeton University, 1990-1991 and 1993-1994
- Assistant Professor, Associate Professor with tenure, Department of Economics, Villanova University, 1983-1993
- “Ottoman State Finances in Comparative European Perspective, 1500-1914″, The Journal of Economic History, Vol. 70, 2010, pp. 593-627 (with Kivanç Karaman).
- “Standards of Living”, Chapter 9 in Cambridge Economic History of Modern Europe, Vol. I, 1700 to 1870, Steven Broadberry and Kevin O’Rourke (eds.), 2010, pp. 217-34 (with Jan Luiten van Zanden).
- “Changes in Factor Markets in the Ottoman Empire, 1500-1800”, Continuity and Change, Vol. 24, 2009, pp. 107-36.
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found