Areas of Interest:
- Labor Economics
- Economics of Education
- Economics of Immigration
- Development Economics
- Ph.D., Economics, 2012., University of Chicago
- M.A., Economics, 2007., University of Chicago
- M.Sc., Econometrics and Mathematical Economics, 2006., London School of Economics & Political Science
- B.Sc., Economics, 2000., Middle East Technical University
- TED University, Associate Professor of Economics, 2018- to date
- Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, Executive Director, 2016-2018.
- Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, Deputy Executive Director, 2015-2016.
- Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, Economist, Research and Monetary Policy Dept., 2011-2015.
- “The Empirical Content of Season-of-Birth Effects: An Investigation with Turkish Data,” with H. Torun, Demographic Research, 37, 1825-1860 (2017).
- “The Impact of Syrian Refugees on Natives’ Labor Market Outcomes in Turkey: Evidence from a Quasi-Experimental Design,” with E. Ceritoglu, B. Gurcihan-Yunculer, and H. Torun, IZA Journal of Labor Policy, 6:5 (2017).
- “Entrepreneurship in the Shadows: Wealth Constraints and Government Policy,” The Economics of Transition, 25, 239-270 (2017).
- “The Effects of Compulsory Military Service Exemption on Education and Labor Market Outcomes: Evidence from a Natural Experiment,” with H. Torun, Economics of Education Review, 54, 16-35 (2016).
- “Social Interactions in Job Satisfaction,” with T. Zeydanli, International Journal of Manpower, 37, 426-455 (2016).
- “The Economic Impact of Syrian Refugees on Host Countries: Quasi-Experimental Evidence from Turkey,” American Economic Review, 106, 456-460 (2016).
- “Immigration and Prices: Quasi-Experimental Evidence from Syrian Refugees in Turkey,” with B. Balkan, Journal of Population Economics, 29, 657-686 (2016).
There are no Articles found