Areas of Interest:
- Financial Economics
- Macroeconomic and Fiscal Policies
- Ph.D., European University Institute, Italy, 2006
- M.Sc., Economics and Statistics, Ecole Nationale de la Statistique et de l’Administration Economique (ENSAE), France, 2003
- Chief Economist for Middle East and North Africa Region, World Bank
- Chief of the Commodities and Environment Unit, International Monetary Fund, June 2014
- Economist, International Monetary Fund (IMF) in Washington D.C., 2006-June 2014.
- Research Assistant, European University Institute in Florence, 2006.
- Summer Internship Program, International Monetary Fund (IMF), Washington D.C., Jul. – Sep. 2004.
- “From Global Saving Glut to Financing Global Infrastructure” joint with Patrick Bolton, Sanjay Peters, Frederic Samama and Joseph Stiglitz. Economic Policy (forthcoming).
- “News Shock and the Current Account: Evidence from Giant Oil Discoveries” joint with Valerie Ramey and Liugang Sheng, Quarterly Journal of Economics.
- “Bond Market Spillovers in a Fiscal Union: Evidence from US States” joint with Amadou Sy and Bertrand Candelon, earlier version circulated as IMF Working Paper 11/290, 2011 (forthcoming) Revue Economique.
- “Food Price Volatility and Consequences”, with Yaw Nyarko and Karim El Aynaoui. Introduction to the Special Issue entitled Food Price Volatility and Policy Challenges in Oxford Economic Papers, 2016.
- “Financing Africa’s Infrastructure Deficit: From Development Banking to Long-Term Investing”, with Amadou Sy. Journal of African Economies, 2016.
- Arezki, Rabah & Olivier Blanchard, 2015. “7 Questions about the Oil Price Slump” Rivista Energia .
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found