Areas of Interest:
- Labor Economics
- Welfare Economics
- Development Economics
- Ph.D., Economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1966
- B.A., Economics, Swarthmore College, 1961
- Professor of Economics, Yale University, 1974-present
- Editor, Journal of Population Economics; Associate Editor, 2002-present
- Associate Editor, Economic Development and Cultural Change, 2003-present
- “Family Planning and Health as Investments in Women’s Human Capital: Learning from a Quasi Social Experiment in Matlab, Bangladesh, 1977-1996”, working paper Yale University, September 1, 2012.
- “Women’s Work Opportunities, Choice of Job Type, Earnings and Fertility in Ghana: Evidence from the Ghana Living Standards Survey of 2005/06”, working paper Yale University, September 20, 2012, presented at Population Association of America, New Orleans, April 2013.
- “Increasing Equitable Participation in a Voluntary National Health Insurance Scheme: Experience of Ghana”, 8th Annual Research Conference on Population, Reproductive Health & Economic Development, Nairobi, Kenya, January 21-25, 2014.
- “Fertility Transition: Economic Explanations”, forthcoming, International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences, revised for 2nd Edition, Elsevier Sciences Pub. August 2014.
There are no Articles found