Areas of Interest:
- Comparative Politics
- Political Economics
- Ph.D. in Comparative Politics Thesis: Predicament of Consensus Building in Transition to Liberal Democracy in Egypt University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) 1985-1991
- M.A. in Comparative Politics & International Relations University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) 1983-1985
- B.A. in Political Science, American University in Cairo (AUC) 1977-1981
- Regional Representative/Regional Director, Ford Foundation 2012-present
- Policy Advisor for Governance and Poverty Reduction, UNDP Bureau of Development Policy, Oslo Governance Center, Dec.2006-2012
- Governance Policy Advisor, SURF-AS UNDP, Feb.2005-Dec.2006
- Senior Research Fellow & Project Coordinator, Center for Development Research (ZEF), Bonn University, Dec.2001-present
- 2016 “Egypt: The Protracted Transition from Authoritarianism to Democracy and Social Justice” in Democratic Transitions in the Arab World, S. Makdisi & I. El Badawi eds. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- 2015 “Arab Philanthropy: From Social Giving to Social Change” in Alliance (London based journal of philanthropy), Vol 20, #3, Fall, p. 22.
- 2012 UNDP Arab Development Challenges Report http://www.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/librarypage/hdr/arab-development-challenges-report 2011.html
- 2009 “Judicial Reform in the Arab Region” in A.Dias & G. Welch eds. Justice for the Poor: perspectives on accelerating access. New Delhi: Oxford University Press.
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found