Areas of Interest:
- Quantitative Analysis
- Public Policy
- Ph.D., Economics, Princeton University, 2006
- M.A., Economics, Princeton University, 2003
- M.A., Public Affairs (Economics and Public Policy), Princeton University, 1999
- B.A., Economics (High Distinction), American University of Beirut, 1997
- Chair, Department of Economics, American University of Beirut, 2011-2015
- Associate Professor, American University of Beirut, Department of Economics, 2012 – present
- Assistant Professor, American University of Beirut, Department of Economics, 2006 – 2012
- Assistant in Instruction and Research Assistant, Princeton University, Department of Economics, 2003-2004
- Lecturer, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, 2000-2001
- The relationship between camp-level relative deprivation and self-rated health among Palestinian refugee women in Lebanon (with Sawsan Abdulrahim) — forthcoming in Social Science and Medicine-Population Health.
- Food insufficiency and food insecurity as risk factors for physical disability among Palestinian refugees in Lebanon: evidence from an observational study (with Hala Ghattas) — published online March 24, 2016 Disability and Health Journal.
- Who’s been left behind? Why sustainable development goals fail the Arab world(with Abbas El-Zein, Jocelyn DeJong, Philippe Fargues, Adam Hanieh and Helen Lackner) — viewpoint in The Lancet (2016)
- Income inequality and the composition of public debt — Journal of Economic Studies (2015)
- Income inequality and the composition of public debt -forthcoming, Journal of Economic Studies.
- The effect of taxation on tobacco consumption and public revenues in Lebanon (with Rima Nakkash, Jad Chaaban and Hala Alaouie) Tobacco Control (2015)
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found