Areas of Interest:
- International Economics
- Monetary Policy
- Ph.D., Economics, Bilkent University, 2004
- M.A., Economics, Bilkent University, 2000
- B.S., Mathematics, Middle East Technical University, 1997
- Professor, TED University, Turkey, Feb.2012-present.
- Visiting Scholar, University of California, Berkeley, Oct.2010-Oct.2011.
- Planning Expert, State Planning Organization, Economic Modeling Department, Turkey, Nov.1998-Jan.2012
- “Macroeconomic Impact of Bank Regulation and Supervision: A cross-country investigation”; Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, vol. 50, no. 1, 52-70; 2014 (with Bilin Neyapti)
- “Central Bank Transparency and Independence: Updates and New Measures” International Journal of Central Banking, Vol. 10, No. 1: 189-259, 2014 (with Barry Eichengreen).
- “Effects of Growth Sustainability on Economic Performance” European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 217, No. 2(1): 351-356, March 2012 (with Hakan Berument and Zafer Mustafaoglu).
- “Who Should Supervise? The Structure of Bank Supervision and the Performance of the Financial System” NBER Working Paper, 17401, 2011 (with Barry Eichengreen).
- “The Effects of Exchange Rate Fluctuations on Exports: A Sectoral Analysis for Turkey” Journal of International Trade and Economic Development Vol. 20, No. 6: 809-837, 2011 (with Magda Kandil).
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found