Areas of Interest:
- Macroeconomic Policy
- International Trade
- Labor Market
- Public Finance
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Minnesota, USA, 1978
- B.S., Economics, Faculté de Droit et des Sciences Economiques de Tunis, 1970
- Emeritus Professor of Economics, University of Tunis El Manar, 1976-present
- Dean, Faculté des Sciences Economiques et de Gestion de Tunis, University of Tunis El Manar, Apr.1993-Apr.1996
- Chairman, Department of Economics, University of Tunis El Manar, 1990-1993
- “Rural and Regional Development and Inequality in Tunisia: Promoting Inclusive Growth in Arab Countries” (2016), in “The Arab Spring Five Years Later”, Case Studies, Volume 2, Edited by Hafez Ghanem, Brookings Institution Press, Washington DC. 2016.
- “Youth Employment and Economic Transition in Tunisia(2016)”, in “The Arab Spring Five Years Later”, Case Studies, Volume 2, Edited by Hafez Ghanem, Brookings Institution Press, Washington DC. 2016.
- “Inflation Targeting in MENA Countries: An Unfinished Journey (2011)”, Edited by Mongi Boughzala (University of El-Manar, Tunis) and David Cobham (Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh), Palgrave 2011.
- “Inflation Targeting and Financial Fragility in Tunisia” (2009), in “Monetary Policy and Central banking in the Middle East and North Africa”, edited by David Cobham and Ghassan Dibeh, Routledge, 2009.
- “Credibility of Inflation Targeting in Morocco and Tunisia” (2007), presented at the 8th Mediterranean Social and Political Research Meeting, Florence- Monticatini Terme, 21-25 March 2007
- “Liberalizing Maritime Transportation in Tunisia” (2006), in “The Liberalization o f Trade of services in Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia and Turkey”, a research project supported by “FEMISE, completed with Lahcen Achy, Hana Kheireldine an dsubidey Togan. www.femise.org
There are no Articles found