Areas of Interest:
- Labor and Human Resource Economics
- Public Finance
- Growth and Macroeconomic Policy
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Cambridge, UK, 2000
- M.Phil, Economics, University of Cambridge, UK, 1992
- M.A., (highest honors) Economics, American University in Cairo, 1991
- B.A., (highest honors) Economics, American University in Cairo, 1989
- Assistant Professor in Economics, Department of Economics, American University in Cairo, Jan.2006-present
- Lecturer in Economics, Department of Economics, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), London University, Jan.2003-Jan.2006
- Economist, Official Financing Division, Policy Review and Development Department, International Monetary Fund, Oct. 2001-Jan.2003
- Said, Mona and F. El-Hamidi (2007) ” Have Economic Reforms paid Off For women? Gender Occupational Inequality in the New Millennium in Egypt.” Paper presented to Egyptian Centre for Economic Studies conference on “Employment, Productivity and Poverty” June 27, 2007 (forthcoming ECES working paper).
- Said, Mona (2007) ” Vocational Education and Labor Market outcomes: Contrasting Egypt and Morocco.” Paper presented to Cairo University Conference on “Youth and Vocational education” held on May 8, 2007, Cairo (to be published in conference proceedings volume.)
- Said, Mona (2007)“The Fall and Rise of Earnings and Inequality in Egypt: New Evidence from the ELMPS , 2006″, paper presented at the Department of Statistics, Faculty of Economics and Politics, Cairo University Conference held in May, 2007 and ERF/population council ELMPS dissemination seminar held in October 2006 (forthcoming ERF working paper).
There are no Articles found