Areas of Interest:
- Constitutional Economics
- Institutional Economics
- Economic History
- Economics of Religion
- Philipps-Universität Marburg, Germany, Doctorate (Dr. rer. Pol.), Economics, 04/2009 – 03/2014
- Heriot-Watt University, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Business School (in collaboration with American University in Cairo) Master of Business Administration (MBA) 09/2003 – 07/2006
- Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt Euro-Mediterranean Studies Program Master’s Degree Coursework, 03/2004 – 05/2005
- Ain-Shams University, Cairo, Egypt Faculty of Commerce (English Section) B.A. in Commerce, 09/1995 – 06/1999
- Assistant Professor of Middle-East Economics, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (HUFS), Seoul, South Korea Graduate School of International and Area Studies (GSIAS) 09/2014 -present
- Assistant Lecturer – Department of International Business, German University in Cairo (GUC), Cairo, Egypt 06/2007 – 02/2009
- Assistant Lecturer – Department of Business and Economics, Misr International University (MIU), Cairo, Egypt 02/2007 – 06/2007
- Gender Equality in Muslim-Majority Countries, with Niklas Potrafke, Economic Systems, forthcoming.
- Stealing More Is Better? An Economic Analysis of Islamic Law of Theft, European Journal of Law and Economics, DOI: 10.1007/s10657-015-9499-7, May 2015.
- Religious Loyalty and Acceptance of Corruption, with Sang-Min Park, Journal of Economics and Statistics, Volume 235, Issue 2 (2015), Pages 184-206, March 2015.
- Islamic Constitutionalism and Rule of Law: A Constitutional Economics Perspective, Constitutional Political Economy, Volume 24, Issue 1 (2013), Pages 57-85, March 2013.
- Can Shari’a be a Deterrent for Intellectual Property Piracy in Islamic Countries?, with Nora El-
Bialy, Journal of World Intellectual Property, Volume 14, Issue 6 (2011), Pages 441-466,
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found