Areas of Interest:
- Monetary Economics
- Macroeconomic Theory
- International Economics
- Ph.D., Economics, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington, 1988
- M.B.A., Indiana University in South Bend, Mishawaka, Indiana, 1984
- M.A., Economics, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, 1982
- Chief Economist and Director of Research, Central Bank of the United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, September 2014-present
- Senior Economist, Eastern II Division, The African Department, IMF, Washington D.C., September 2013-August 2014
- Senior Economist, Caribbean II Division, The Western Hemisphere Department, IMF, Washington D.C., July 2012-August 2013
- “Monetary Policy and Co-movements in Spending, Growth and Inflation: Evidence from Developing and Advanced Countries,” Istanbul Borsa Review,(forthcoming).
- “The Interaction between Globalization and Financial Development: New Evidence from Panel Co-Integration and Causality Analysis,” joint with Muhammad Shahbaz and Samia Nasreen, Empirical Economics,(forthcoming).
- “The Adverse Effects of Real Exchange Rate Variability in Latin America and the Caribbean,” Journal of Applied Economics, (forthcoming).
- “Government Spending Decomposition and Growth in Egypt,” joint with Mohamed Hassan, Middle East Development Journal,(2014).
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found