Areas of Interest:
- Monetary Policy
- International Economics
- Macroeconomics of Oil Management
- International Finance
- Political Economy of Development
- Ph.D., Economics, Institut d’Etudes Politiques (IEP) de Paris (Sciences Po Paris), 2011
- M.A., Applied Economics, Corporate and International Finance, IEP de Paris, 2003
- B.A., Economics, French Section, Faculty of Economics and Political Science, Cairo University, 2001
- International Monetary Fund -present
- Dubai Economic Council -2017
- Economist, Economic Research Forum, Apr.2011
- Research Analyst, Poverty Reduction and Economic Management, World Bank, Cairo Office, Jul2008-Mar.2011
- Consultant, World Bank, Cairo Office, Apr.2006-Jun.2008
- Forthcoming “Understanding and Avoiding the Oil Curse in Resource-rich Arab Economies.” Coedited with Ibrahim Elbadawi. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Forthcoming “The Institutional Curse of Natural Resources in the Arab World.” with Chahir Zaki, in Understanding and Avoiding the Oil Curse in Resource-rich Arab Economies. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Economic Development in the Arab Region: A Tale of Oil and Politics, with Ahmed Galal in Currie-Alder, B.; R. Kanbur, D. Malone and R. Medhora (eds). 2014. International Development: Ideas, Experience, and Prospects. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Are International Food Price Spikes the Source for Egypt’s High Inflation? with Sherine Al-Shawarby, in Peeters, Marga, Nidal Sabri and Wassim Shahin (eds). 2013. Financial Integration: A Focus on the Mediterranean Region. Financial and Monetary Policy Studies: New York Dordrecht London: Springer.
There are no Articles found