Areas of Interest:
- Money and Banking
- Financial Economics
- Ph.D., Economics, Ankara University, Turkey, 1971
- Licence, Economics and Finance, Ankara University, Turkey, 1967
- Faculty Member (Part Time), Sabancı University, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences & Faculty of Management, 2003-present
- Adjunct Professor, EconFin program, Bogazici University, 2003- present
- Advisor to the Board of Directors, İşbank, 2005-2008
- “Politico-Economic Developments in Turkey and the Transformation of Political Islam (1950-2010)”, Middle East Economic Journal, 5(1), March 2013, 1350008. [Reprinted with some minor corrections in Ishac Diwan (ed.): Understanding the Political Economy of Arab Uprisings, New Jersey: World Scientific, 2004, pp.193-217]
- “Economic Requirements of Macroprudential Regulation” in Proceedings of the XIII. International Academic Conference on Economic and Social Development, Moscow, April 5-7, 2011, National Research University Higher School of Economics, Book 1, Moscow: HSE Publishing House, 2012, pp. 563-574.
- “Monetary Policy in Turkey: The Reasons for Introducing Inflation Targeting and Outcome”, in M. Boughzala & D. Cobham (Eds.): Inflation Targeting in MENA Countries, Palgrave Macmillan, pp. 193-229, 2011, (with Fatih Özatay).
- “Financial Markets, Regulation and Financial Crises” Arno Scherzberg, İlyas Doğan, Osman Can (eds.), Staatliche Finanzmarktregulierung und Eigentumsschutz, Berlin: LIT Verlag Berlin, 2011, (with Izak Atiyas).
- The EU Negotiations as a Reform Strategy-Turkey’s Problem Ahead, (with Fatih Özatay) in William Barnett & Melvin Hinich (eds.): Topics in Analytical Political Economy, Elsevier [ Forthcoming in 2007].
- Current Account Sustainability-The Case of Turkey, in Erdem Basci,Subidey Togan and Jürgen von Hagen (eds.): Macroeconomic Policies for EU Accession, Aldershot: Edward Elgar, [Forthcoming in 2007], (with Subidey Togan).
There are no Articles found