Areas of Interest:
- International Economics
- Ph.D., Economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, 1967
- B. Com., Economics, (with Highest Honors), Cairo University, 1961
- Executive Director and Director of Research, Egyptian Center for Economic Studies, Jan.2006-2011
- Chairperson of the Economics Department, Faculty of Economics and Political Science, Cairo University, Jul.1990-Jul.1996
- Director of the Center for Economic and Financial Research and Studies, Faculty of Economics and Political Science, Cairo University, Oct.1985-Jul.1990
- The Impact of Phasing Out Subsidies of Petroleum Energy Products in Egypt, with Soheir-Abouleinein and Heba El-Laithy (2009), ECES Working Paper no. 145.
- What Drives Prices in Egypt? Editor and contributor, Hanaa Kheir El-Din, AUC Press , 2009.
- Inflation and Growth in Egypt: Is There a Threshold Effect?, with Hala Abou Ali (2008), ECES Working Paper no. 135.
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found