Areas of Interest
- Economic Development
- International Trade
- Micro and Macroeconomics
- Ph.D., Economics (Economic Development), University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California August, l988
- M.A., Economics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, May, l985
- Egyptian Center for Economic Studies – Present
- Professor of Economics, Economics Department, the American University in Cairo (AUC), 1988
- Consultant, UNIDO, 2006
- Policy Reform Unit (PRU) Manager, The Industrial Modernization Center in Egypt, 2003-2005
- Abdel-Latif, Abla and Schmitz, Hubert (2010) “Growth Alliances: Insights from Egypt,” Business and Politics: Vol. 12 : Iss. 4, Article 4.
- Abdel-Latif, Abla and Hubert Schmitz. 2009. “State-Business Relations and Investment in Egypt” IDS Research Report 61. Institute of Development Studies, University of Sussex. October.
- Abdel-Latif, Abla and Hubert Schmitz. “The Political Economy of Private Investment in Egypt: Insights from Old and New Sectors”, Research Report, Institute of Development Studies (IDS), University of Sussex. (Forthcoming)
- Abdel-Latif, Abla. “The potential Impact of Recent Industrial Policy Changes in Egypt on the Environment”, Egyptian Center for Economic Studies (ECES), Cairo, Egypt, September 2008.
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found