ERF is pleased to announce the opportunity for some 20 participants from the ERF region (Arab countries, Iran and Turkey) to participate in a hands-on training workshop on panel data econometrics. ERF will cover the cost of travel and accommodation of successful applicants.
The workshop will present different techniques in the econometrics of panel data (including static and dynamic models).
Participants will be expected to write a paper applying these techniques on a topic of their choice 3 months after the end of the training. The paper will be subject to a refereeing process and mentorship, and it will be published in the ERF Working Paper Series. The workshop will be conducted mainly in English.
The workshop will be held in the ERF premises based in Cairo from 29 to 31 October, 2018. The training will be conducted by Raimundo Soto (bio included at the end of this announcement).
The workshop is part of the capacity-building activities in the context of ERF’s Arab Spring Development Initiative (ASDI).
Applicants should be:
- Researchers from the ERF region with M.As or Ph.Ds or in the process of completing these degrees.
- Age limit: 30 years.
- Trained in statistics or econometrics and able to use STATA.
- Interested in macroeconomics.
- Familiar with the management and analysis of macroeconomic databases (World Development Indicators, International Financial Statistics, national sources, etc.)
- Priority will be given to those who have not attended previous ERF workshops.
Applications must include a curriculum vitae (CV) with a minimum of one reference person and a cover letter indicating why the candidate is interested in the topic of the workshop and how it relates to his/her research.
Complete the application form here.
Timetable and deadlines
The deadline for submitting your applications is August 31st, 2018. Selected applicants will be informed by September 15th, 2018.