Areas of Interest:
- International Finance
- Public Finance
- Economic Development
- Industrial Organization
- Ph.D., Economics, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University, 2002
- M.A., Economics, University of Manchester, United Kingdom, 1990
- Associate Professor, United Arab Emirates University, College of Business and Economics, Department of Economics, 2011-Present
- Visiting Scholar, United Nations University-World Institute of Development Economics Research, Helsinki, July-August 2009.
- Assistant Professor, United Arab Emirates University, College of Business and Economics, Department of Economics, 2004-2011
- Part-time Assistant Professor, The Arab Academy for Science & Technology and Maritime Transport, College of Management, Heliopolis Campus, Cairo, Summer 2004
Latest of Publications:
- Mina, Wasseem. 2015. “Political Risk Guarantees and Capital Flows: The Role of Bilateral Investment Treaties”, Economics Discussion Papers, No 2015-24, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Mina, Wasseem and Jaeck, Louis. 2015. “Labor Market Flexibility and FDI Flows: Evidence from Oil-Rich GCC and Middle Income Countries”, March 4, 2015.
- Mina, Wasseem. 2014. “But Most of All We Love Each Other: Does Social Cohesion Pay off? Evidence from FDI Flows to Middle Income Countries”, International Center for Public Policy, Working Paper 14-24, June.
- Mina, Wasseem. 2013. “Beyond FDI: The Influence of Bilateral Investment Treaties on Debt”, International Center for Public Policy, Working Paper 13-25, December.
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found