Areas of Interest:
- Industry Studies
- Markets and Competition
- Game Theory and Strategy
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Ph.D., Economics, George Washington University, 2002
- MBA, Johns Hopkins University, 2001
- MS, Economics, Iowa State University, 1997
- MS, Industrial Engineering, American University in Cairo, 1995
- BS (Honors), Mechanical Engineering, American University in Cairo, 1992
- Professor of Economics and Strategy, The American University in Cairo- present
- Visiting Researcher, Industrial Performance Center, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2016
- Chairman, Department of Economics, American University in Cairo, 2013-2016
- Selim, Tarek (2016). “Industrial Development of an Emerging Economy: The Case of Egypt”, Massachusetts Institute of Technology – MIT Industrial Performance Center, Fall 2016, November.
- Selim, Tarek (2016). “Challenges of Innovation in an Emerging Economy”, Massachusetts Institute of Technology – MIT Industrial Performance Center, Fall 2016, October
- Selim, Tarek (2016). “A Review of the Financial, Socio-Economic and Environmental Evaluations of the Golden Triangle National Development Project”, Industrial Development Authority, Ministry of Trade and Industry (in affiliation with D’Appolonia S.P.A.), August.
- Shoair, Kareman M. and Tarek H. Selim (2015). “Market Simulation Game using Classroom Experiments”, University of Oxford, Said Business School, 13th Global Conference on Business and Economics Research, Oxford, UK, November.
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found