Areas of Interest:
- Macroeconomic Theory
- Money and Banking
- Financial Economics
- Ph.D., Economics, Carnegie-Mellon University, 1985
- M.A., Economics, University of Pittsburgh, 1980
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A. in Economics (summa cum laude), December 1978
- Professor, Koc University, 2003 – Present
- Professor, University of York, UK, 2000 – 2002
- Professor, University of Durham, UK, 1999 – 2000
- “The Interaction of Real and Financial Markets in the Global Economy: What Role Does China Play?”, (2017) with Cem C¸ akmaklı and Ruveyda Izgi G¨ozen, D. Nguyen and S. Boubaker (eds.), Handbook of Global Financial Markets: Transformations, Dependence, and Risk Spill-overs, World Scientific Publishing, forthcoming.
- “Search Frictions, Financial Frictions, and Labor Market Fluctuations in Emerging Economies,” (2017), with Serdar Kabaca, Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, 53(1), pp. 128-149.
- Forecasting Inflation With Survey Expectations and Inflation Targets: Evidence for Brazil and Turkey, (2016), with Cem Cakmakli, International Journal of Forecasting, 32, pp. 138-153.
- Real Business Cycles after Three Decades: A Panel Discussion with Edward Prescott, Finn Kydland, Charles Plosser, John Long, Gary Hansen, and Thomas Cooley” (2015), with Warren Young, Macroeconomic Dynamics 19(2), pp. 425-455
- Guest Editor’s Introduction, Special Issue on “Macroeconomic Modelling in Emerging Economies,”, (2015), Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, 50(2), pp. 99-101.
- Do Institutions and Culture Matter for Business Cycles? (2014) with Fabio Canova, Open Economies Review 25(1), pp. 93-122.
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found