Areas of Interest:
- Monetary Economics
- International Finance
- Ph.D.(Macroeconomics /Econometrics/International Finance), York University, Toronto, Canada, 1997
- M.A., (Monetary Economics) University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada, 1992
- M.M.B., (Money & Banking), American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon, 1990
- Chairperson, Department of Economics, American University of Beirut, November 2004-present
- Associate Professor, Department of Economics, American University of Beirut, June 2003-present
- Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, American University of Beirut, February 1997- 2003
- S. Neaime and Safadi, R., Syria the Painful Transition Towards Democracy, in Democratic
Transition in the Arab World, S Makdidi and I. Elbadawi Eds. Cambridge University Press, pp.,
- S. Neaime, Financial Crises and Contagion Vulnerability of MENA Stock Markets, Emerging
Markets Review, Elsevier, Forthcoming 2016.
- S. Neaime, the Effects of European Austerity Measures on the South and East Mediterranean
Countries, the European Institute for the Mediterranean, 12th Edition’s Year Book, pp. 257-262,
- S. Neaime, Sustainability of Budget Deficits and Public Debts in Selected European Union
Countries, Journal of Economic Asymmetries, Elsevier, Vol.12, pp.1-21, 2015.
- S. Neaime, Are MENA Stock Markets Mean Reverting? A Monte Carlo Simulation, Finance
Research Letters, Elsevier, Vol., 13, pp. 74–80, 2015.
- Monetary Policy Coordination and the Prospects of a Monetary Union Between GCC Countries. A Lead Article in the Journal of Economie Applique, Archives de L’institut de Sciences Mathematiques et Economiques Appliques, Paris, France, Vol. LIX, No. 4, pp. 5-32, December 2006.
- Volatilities in Emerging MENA Stock Markets. A Lead Article in the Thunderbird International Business Review, Wiley Interscience Publisher, New Jersey, USA, Vol. 48, No.4, pp. 455-484, July, 2006.
There are no Articles found