Areas of Interest:
- International Economics
- Development Economics
- Computational Economics
- Ph.D., Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, 1992
- M.A., Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, 1988
- B.Sc., (with Honors), Middle East Technical University, Turkey, 1985
- Founding Director, Center for Social Policy Research, TOBB University of Economics and Technology, Ankara, 2010-present
- Professor of Economics and Dean, Graduate School of Social Sciences, TOBB University of Economics and Technology, Ankara, 2006-present
- Member of the Directors’ Team, Economic Policy Research Foundation of Turkey (Tepav), Ankara, 2008-present.
- J. Barr and S. Sayan, OECD Reviews on Local Job Creation – Turkey, Paris: OECD, 2017.
- S. Sayan, “Serving as a Referee for Your Own Paper: A Dream Come True or…?” Review of Social Economy, 74(2): 75-82, 2016.
- S. Sayan and A. Tekin-Koru, “Remittances, Business Cycles and Poverty: The Recent Turkish Experience,” International Migration, 50(s1): 151-176, 2012.
- C.B. Durdu and S. Sayan, “Emerging Market Business Cycles with Remittance Fluctuations,” IMF Staff Papers, 57(2): 303-325, 2010.
- S. Sayan (ed.). Economic Performance in the Middle East and North Africa: Institutions, Corruption and Reform, London: Routledge, 2009 (Hard cover), 2011 (Soft cover).
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found