Areas of Interest:
- Bank Competition and Financial Stability
- Islamic Banking and Finance
- Financial Management
- Ph.D., Cardiff Business School, University of Wales, 2004
- M.A., Money and Banking (M.M.B.), American University of Beirut, 1990
- B.A., Economics (with Distinction), American University of Beirut, 1987
- Senior Economist, International Monetary Fund February 2013-Present.
- Associate Professor of Finance with Tenure, School of Business, Lebanese American University. Sep.2011-present.
- Assistant Professor of Finance, School of Business, Lebanese American University, Beirut, Lebanon. Jun.2004-Aug.2011.
- Instructor, Economics Department, American University of Beirut, Lebanon, Oct.1991-Jun.2004
- “WTO Membership, Ownership Deregulation, and Market Efficiency: Evidence from China,” with Rasoul Rezvanian and Seyed Mehdian Applied Financial Economics 22(3), 177-195, 2012.
- “Are GCC Stock Markets Special?” with Rasoul Rezvanian and Seyed Mehdian, Review of Business 31(2), 15-23, 2011.
- “Cost Efficiency, Technological Progress and Productivity Growth of Chinese Banking Pre and Post WTO Accession” with Rasoul Rezvanian and Seyed Mehdian, Applied Financial Economics 21(7), 437-454, 2011.
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found