Areas of Interest:
- Financial Risk Management
- Financial Markets
- Banking Regulation and Supervision
- Monetary Policy
- Ph.D., Economics, The Johns Hopkins University, 1992
- M.B.A., The University of Kansas, 1986
- B.S., The American University of Beirut, 1983
- Division Chief for Libya, Sudan, Somalia, and Yemen, Middle East and Central Asia Department, IMF, Apr. 2011-Present
- Head of Unemployment-Growth Nexus Team. Middle East and Central Asia Department, IMF, 2010-Present
- Division Chief of Regional Studies, Middle East and Central Asia Department, May 2009-Apr. 2011
- “Remittances and Institutions: Are Remittances a Curse?” by Yasser Abdih, Ralph Chami, Jihad Dagher, and Peter Montiel. World Development, Forthcoming.
- “Regional Economic Outlook,” Middle East and Central Asia Department, International Monetary Fund, May 2011.
- “Further Fallout from the Global Financial Crisis, Credit Crunch in the Periphery,” by Adolfo Barajas, Ralph Chami, Raphael Espinosa, and Heiko Hesse. World Economics, Vol. 12, pp.153-176, 2011.
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found