Areas of Interest:
- Labor and Human Development
- Ph.D., Economics, Stanford University, 1985
- B.Sc., Engineering (Distinction), Swarthmore College, 1980
- B.A., Economics (Highest Honors), Swarthmore College, 1980
- Chief Economist, Arab Bank, Sep.1997-Sep.2011
- Lead Country Economist for Egypt, Middle East and North Africa Sector Groups, The World Bank, Sep.1997-Sep.2011
- Lead Country Economist for the Mashreq Countries, Middle East and North Africa Sector Groups, The World Bank, Aug.2004-Aug.2007
- Reducing Poverty through Growth and Social Policy Reform in Russia, World Bank Publications in Directions in Development Series, 2006.
- “Employment Experience in the Middle East and North Africa,” article written with Ragui Assaad and Sulayman Al-Qudsi; in a book “Labor and Human Capital in the Middle East,” edited by D. Salehi-Isfahani; published by Ithaca Press, (2001).
- Poverty Alleviation in Jordan in the 1990s: Lessons for the Future, written with Dina Abu-Ghaida and Abdel-Salam Al-Naimat; Orientation in Development Series; Middle East and North Africa Region, the World Bank, (2001)
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found