Areas of Interest:
- Growth and Sustainable Development
- Ph.D., Economics, St. Antony’s College, Oxford University, UK, 1989
- M.Sc., Economics, London School of Economics, 1986
- B.A., Economics & Politics, University of Massachusetts-Amherst, 1983
- Director of the London School of Economics and Political Science – present
- Bank of England – 2017
- Deputy Managing Director, International Monetary Fund, Apr.2011
- Director General, Country Programmes, Department for International Development (DFID), Oct.2004-Mar.2011
- Vice-President, Infrastructure, World Bank, May2003-Sep.2004
- “From Player to Referee: The Changing Role of Competition Policies and Regulation in the Middle East and North Africa,” (with John Page and Joe Saba), in The Role of the State in a Changing Arab Economic Environment, edited by Taher Kanaan, published by the International Monetary Fund, the Arab Monetary Fund and the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development, forthcoming.
- “Multiple Trade Shocks and Partial Liberalization: The Egyptian Experience,” in Temporary Trade Shocks edited by D. Bevan, P. Collier, and J. Gunning, Oxford University Press, 2002
- “Labor Migration and Economic Integration in the Middle East,” in Middle East Dilemma: The Political Economy of Arab Integration, edited by Michael Hudson, New York: Columbia University Press, 1999.
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found