Areas of Interest:
- Behavioral and Experimental Economics
- Islamic Finance
- Development Economics
- Public Policy
- Ph.D., Public Policy and Political Economy (Economics), University of Texas at Dallas, 2010
- M.Sc., Applied Economics, University of Texas at Dallas, 2006
- M.A., International Political Economy, University of Warwick, 1999
- Assistant Professor, Economics Department, American University in Cairo, Cairo, Egypt, Sept. 2012-present
- Visiting Scholar, Economics Department, Rice University, Houston, USA, Oct. 2010-present
- Lecturer (Assistant Professor) of Finance and Economics, Durham Business School, Durham University, UK, 2010-present
- Adjunct Professor, Department of Economics, University of Texas at Dallas, USA, 2008-2010
- “Market Segmentation and Non-Uniform Shariah Standards in Islamic Finance.” (with Berg, Nathan and Jeong-Yoo Kim) Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization (2016).
- “Bank-insured RoSCA for microfinance: Experimental evidence in poor Egyptian villages.” (with
Mahmoud El-Gamal, Dean Karlan and Adam Osman) Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization. vol. 103, S56-S73, 2014.
- “Islamic Finance: An Introduction.” (with Omneya Abdelsalam) Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization. vol. 103, S1-S3, 2014.
- “Experiments in Islamic Microfinance.” (with Rachel Croson) Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization. vol. 95, pp. 252-269. 2013.
- “Before or After the Bell: School Context and Neighborhood Effects on Student Achievement.” (with Paul Jargowsky) in Eugene Birch and Susan Wachter, eds., How Place Matters? The Effects of Neighborhood and Location. 2010. Philadelphia: Philadelphia Federal Reserve Board and Penn Institute for Urban Research.
There are no Articles found