Areas of Interest:
- Public Economics
- State and Local Public Finance
- Economics of Population and Demographic Change
- Regional Economics
- Economic Growth
- Ph.D., Economics, Syracuse University, 2001
- M.A., Economics, Boston University, Boston, MA, USA, 1994
- B.A., Economics, Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey, 1993
- Chair, Department of Economics, College of Business, University of Nevada-Reno, July 1, 2013 to present.
- Barbara Smith Campbell Distinguished Professor of Nevada Tax Policy, College of Business, University of Nevada, Reno. January 2015 to present.
- Associate Professor, Department of Economics, College of Business Administration, University of Nevada-Reno.
- Research Associate, Economic Research Forum for Arab Countries, Iran and Turkey. Jan. 2005 – Present
- Director, West Virginia Public Finance Program, Bureau of Business and Economic Research, College of Business and Economics, West Virginia University, Aug.2001-May.2006
- Stowe, Stephen, Tom Gillaspy, Mehmet Tosun and Susan Rhodes. 2013. “Aging and Its Impact on Municipal Credit,” (Fall). Municipal Finance Journal, 33 (3): 33-55.
- “Commuting, Competition and Leakages at the Carson City-Douglas County Border in Nevada,” with Glen Atkinson and Tom Harris, 2009 (Spring). Economic Development Journal, 8 (2): 48-54.
- “Corruption and Fiscal Structure in the MENA Region,”. In “Economic Performance in the Middle East and North Africa: Institutions, Corruption and Reform”, ed. Serdar Sayan. Routledge Series on Political Economy of the Middle East and North Africa (2009) New York, NY: Routledge.
- “The Income Elasticity of Gross Casino Revenues: Short-Run and Long-Run Estimates,” with Mark Nichols. 2009. National Tax Journal 61 (4) Part 1: 635-652.
There are no Articles found