Areas of Interest:
- Development Economics and Growth
- Labor Economics
- Ph.D., Economics, Department of Economics, University of Cambridge, UK, 1988
- M.Sc., Economics, London School of Economics, UK, 1977
- Professor of Economics, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, 2003-present
- Professor of Development Economics, Institute of Social Studies, The Hague, 2004-2006
- Department Chair, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, 2002-2003
- Karshenas, M. and V.M. Moghadam, Social Policy in the Middle East: Economic, Political and Gender Dynamics. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan publishers, 2006, ISBN 978-1-4039-4165-7.
- Karshensa, M. and H. Hakimian, ‘Oil, Economic Diversification and the Democratic Process in Iran’, Iranian Studies, March 2005, no.1 vol.38, pp.1-24.
- Karshenas, M. Global poverty estimates and the millennium goals: Towards a unified framework, Employment Strategy Papers, ILO, Geneva, 2004/5, ISBN 92-2-115553-3.
There are no Articles found