Areas of Interest:
- Political Economy and Comparative
- Politics Economic and Political Development
- Ph.D., Yale University, 1993
- M.A., University of Warwick, 1986
- B.Sc., Economics, London School of Economics and Political Science, 1982
- Professor, University of Chicago – present
- Professor of Government, Institute for Quantitative Social Science, Harvard University, Jul.2004- Jun 2015
- Associate Professor of Political Science and Economics, University of California, Berkeley, Jul. 2001 – Jun 2004
- Assistant Professor of Political Science, University of California, Berkeley, Jul. 1999 – Jul. 2001
- “Enclaves and Development: An Empirical Assessment,” (joint with Jonathan H. Conning, CUNY) forthcoming in Studies in Comparative International Development.
- “Collusion and Interlinkage” (joint with Sripad Motiram, Dalhousie University) forthcoming in the Review of Development Economics.
- “Political Conflict and Power-sharing in the Origins of Modern Colombia” (joint with Sebastián Mazzuca, University of California at Berkeley), NBER Working Paper #12099, forthcoming in the Hispanic American Historical Review.
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found