Areas of Interest:
- International Finance
- Macroeconomics and Fiscal Policies
- Development and Growth
- Ph.D., Economics, The George Washington University, 2006
- M.Phil., Economics, The George Washington University, 2000
- M.A., Economics, University of California, 1999
- B.A., Economics and Computer Science, The American University in Cairo, 1996
- Director of the Research Department, African Development Bank – present
- Lead Economist in Charge of the MENA Region, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development – London, UK, 2012-2018
- Senior Economist, The International Monetary Fund – Washington DC, US, 2005-2012
- Growing without changing: a tale of Egypt’s weak productivity growth 2014. EBRD Working Paper No. 172.
- Mobilizing Transformational Finance for the Arab Transition Countries (with Erik Berglof). Official Monetary and Financial Institutions Forum (OMFIF), 2013.
- Fiscal Stimulus and Credibility in Emerging Countries (with M. Kandil) 2013. Eastern Economic Journal.
- Systemic Risk Monitoring Toolkit (with N. Blanche and S Mitra) 2013. IMF WP 13/16.
- Structural Reforms and Growth: What Works?, 2011. IMF Country Report No. 11/176
- After the Crisis Assessing the Damage in Italy (with S. Sgherri) 2010. IMF WP 10/244
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found