Areas of Interest:
- Development Economics
- Political Economy
- Ph.D., Economics, Nottingham Trent University, UK, 2000
- M.A., Development Economics, University of Leeds, 1995
- B.Sc. Economics, University of Khartoum, 1992
- Chief, Finance and Private Sector Section, Macroeconomic Policy Division, United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 2014-present
- Economic Affairs Officer, Governance and Public Administration Section, Governance and Public Administration Division, United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Jul.2011-2014
- Economic Affairs Officer, Private Sector and Enterprise Section, Governance and Public Administration Division, United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Mar.2010-Jun.2011
- Senior Economist, Economic Policy Institute, Arab Planning Institute, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, Mar.2009-Mar.2010
- Cobham, A., William D., Ibrahim ,and Sumner, A (forthcoming), Hidden Inequality: How much Difference would Adjustment for Illicit Financial Flows Make to National Inequality? African Economic Conference, Kinshasa, DRC, 1-4 November, 2015.
- Kedir, A and Ibrahim. G (2011). ROSCAs in Urban Ethiopia: Are the characteristics of the institutions more important than the characteristics of members? Journal of Development Studies, vol. 47, issue 7, p 998-1016.
- Ibrahim, G and Galt, V (2011). Explaining Ethnic Entrepreneurship: An Evolutionary Economics Approach. International Business Review, Volume 20, Issue 6, p 607-613, Special Issue on International Ethnic Entrepreneurship.
- Suwannarat, P; Williams, D; Smith, D and Ibrahim, G (2010). The Characteristics of International Joint Ventures in Thailand. Journal of International Business & Economics; 2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p85-99
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found