Areas of Interest:
- health economics
- population economics
- family economics
- PhD, Wharton Business School, 1996
- BA, Harvard College, 1983;
- MD, UC San Diego School of Medicine
- 2015-present Johns Hopkins School of Public Health President-Elect of Faculty Senate (Term ends 2017)
- 2010-present Johns Hopkins School of Public Health Director Interdepartmental Health Economics Program
- 2010-present Johns Hopkins School of Public Health Professor, Population Fam. Reproducitve. Health
- 2003-2010 Johns Hopkins School of Public Health Associate Professor, Population Fam. Rep. Health
- 1996-2003 Johns Hopkins School of Public Health Assistant Professor, Population and Family Hlth Sci.
- Chowdhury, S, Vergeer, P, Schmidt, H, Barroy, H, Bishai, D, Halpern, S. (2014) Economics and Ethics of Results-Based Financing for Family Planning Washington, DC World Bank HNP Discussion Paper
- Madhvan, S. and Bishai D Private Sector Engagement in Maternal Neonatal Health and Sexual and Reproductive Health DFID Technical Report 2010
- Madhvan, S. and Bishai, D, Stanton, C. Harding, A. Engaging the Private Sector in Maternal and Neonatal Health in Low and Middle Income Countries World Bank Technical Report. 2010
- Bishai, D. and J. Sindelar. 2006 “Willingness to Pay for Drug Rehabilitation: Implications for Cost Recovery”. National Bureau of Economic Research; NBER Working Paper No. W12506.
- Bishai, D. Lin, M. Kiyonga,C Algorithms for the Distribution of AIDS Vaccines. World Bank Policy Working Papers 2000.
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found