Areas of Interest:
- Agricultural and Applied Microeconomics
- Empirical Industrial Organization
- International Trade and Development
- Ph.D., Agricultural Economics, University of Nebraska, 1984
- M.S., Agricultural Economics, University of Wisconsin, 1980
- B.S., Economics and Business, University of Wisconsin, 1977
- Professor of the Agricutural Economics, University of Nebraska -Lincoln, Jul.1996-Present
- Senior Economic Advisor, Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Dubai,
UAE (Feb 1, 2010 – Dec 31, 2011)
- Professor, University of Dubai, Feb. 2010
- Associate Professor, University of Nebraska, Jul.1991-Jun.1996
- lopez, L. A., X. Hie, and A. Azzam. 2017. “Stochastic Frontier Estimation of Market Power in the Food Industries.” Journal of Agricultural Economics doi: 10.1111/1477-9552.12219.
- Rehkamp, S., A. Azzam, and C. Gustafson. 2017. “U.S. Dietary Shifts and the Associated CO2 Emissions from Farm Energy Use.” Food Studies: An Interdisciplinary Journal 7:11-22.
- Dhoubhadel, S., A. Azzam,m and M. Stockton. 2015. “Imported and U.S. Domestic Beef:
Substitutes or Complements?” Agribusiness Letters 4:568-572.
- Azzam, A., G. Nene, and K. Schoengold. 2015. “Hog Industry Structure and the Strin-
gency of Environmental Regulation.” Canadian Journal of Agicultural Economics
- Azzam, A. and B. Rettab. 2015. “Optimal Commodity Taxation and Consumer Welfare:
An Empirical Application to the UAE.” International Journal of Economic Policy in
Emerging Economies 8:191-2012.
- Azzam, A. and B. Rettab. 2015. “Estimation and Application of a Complete Demand
System for the UAE.” International Journal of Emerging Markets 10:329-349.
- Azzam, A. and B. Rettab. “Are Restrictions on Foreign-Ownership Counter-Productive: Evidence from Dubai, United Arab Emirates.” International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies 4(2011):1-19.
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found