Areas of Interest:
- Labor Economics
- Development Economics
- PhD in Economics, European Doctoral Program in Quantitative Economics United Kingdom & Belgium 2008-2014, Universite Catholique de Louvain
- PhD in Economics, Catholic University of Louvain, IRES Belgium- 2008-2014
- London School of Economics and Political Science United Kingdom, Research Exchange Student in the Department of Economics- Sept 2011-Oct 2012
- MSc in Economics, Birkbeck College, University of London- 2005-2006
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Economics, Istanbul Technical University- July 2014- Present
- Part-time Faculty Member in the Department of Economics, Sabanci University- Sept 2016- Present
- Lecturer in the Summer School, Sabanci University- Summer 2014
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, London School of Economics and Political Science- Sept 2011- May 2014
- Research Assistant, Université Catholique de Louvain- 2008-2014
- “Understanding the Reasons Behind Child Labor and Its Sectoral Distribution in Turkey”, (joint with Orcun Kanun), forthcoming in Çalısma ve Toplum Dergisi (Journal of Work and Society), 2019.
- “Labour Market Activities of Syrian Refugees in Turkey”, (joint with M. Erdogan), in the Economic Research Forum WP Series, 2019.
- Urbanization, Education and the Growth Backlog of Africa”, (joint with Joaquin Naval), in the Journal of African Economies, Vol. 26 (5), 2017.
- “Hometown associations, urban-to-rural collective remittances and rural development in Turkey”, in Remittances Review, Vol 2(2), p.121-136, 2017.
- “Voting Behaviour of the Youth in Turkey: What Drives Participation in or Causes Alienation from Conventional Political Participation”, in Turkish Studies, Vol. 18 (1), January 2017.
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found