Areas of Interest:
- Exchange Rate Economics
- Financial and Real Integration in GCC Region
- Crude Oil Market and Macroeconomics of Oil Exporters and Importers
- International Money and Finance
- Ph.D., Economics, North Carolina State University, USA, 2005
- MA., Economics, North Carolina State University, USA, 2004
- M.Sc., Finance, Boston College, USA, 1999
- B.Sc., Finance, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman, 1997
- Assistant Professor of Economics, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman, 2005-Present
- Visiting Scholar, American University – Sharjah, UAE, 2012-2013
- Lecturer, Department of Economics and Finance, College of Economics and Political Science, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman, 2000-2005
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Economics and Finance, College of Economics, 1997-1999
- Al-Abri, Almukhtar, (2014), Optimal exchange rate policy for a small oil-exporting country: a dynamic general equilibrium perspective, Economic Modelling, 36, 88-98.
- Al-Abri, Almukhtar, (2013), Real exchange rate volatility, terms-of-trade shocks, and financial integration in primary-commodity exporting economies, Economics Letters, 120, 126-129.
- Al-Abri, Almukhtar, (2013), Oil-price shocks and macroeconomic responses: does the exchange rate regime matter? OPEC Energy Review, 37 (1), 1-19 (Lead article).
- Gani, Azmat and Almukhtar Al-Abri, (2013), Indicators of business environment, institutional quality, and foreign direct investment in Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries, International Review of Applied Economics, 27 (4), 515-530.
There are no Articles found