Areas of Interest:
- Macroeconomic Policy Formulation
- M.A. Economics and Mathematical Economics, The London School of Economics and Political Sciences, United Kingdom, 1987
- B.Sc. Honors degree in Economics and Statistics, University of Khartoum, Sudan, 1984.
- Managing Director, UNICONS Consultancy Ltd. Economic consultancy firm based in Khartoum, Sudan, March 2005 – present
- Member of the Board of Directors, The National Bank of Egypt (Khartoum); July 2012 – present
- Council Member, Peace Research Institute, University of Khartoum, Sudan. “The Development Burden of Violent Conflict in Sudan”. (May 2016-present)
- Member of the Board of Directors, Haggar Holding Company, Khartoum, Sudan; 2013 – present.
- Member of the Steering Committee: Mamoun Beheiry Center for Economic & Social Studies & Research in Africa, Khartoum, Sudan (Jan, 2010- Sept. 2011 & Aug.2014 to present).
- Member of Advisory Panel for Women, Islamic Development Bank, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. (February 2005 – present).
- El-Mahdi, A. June, 2014. “Sudan Economic Challenges: Issues & Cooperation with South Sudan”, Presented at the Conference “Agricultural Development, Business Enterprise, Oil, Finance and Economic Development in the Two Sudans” organized by The Sudanese Programme, St Anthony’s College, Oxford, U.K
- El-Mahdi, A. August, 2012. “Challenges of the Economic Crises afflicting Post-Secession Sudan” (in Arabic). To be published in the Journal of the Peace Institute, University of Khartoum, Sudan.
- El-Mahdi, A. July, 2011. “A Review of Transfers to States in Sudan: Post Secession Challenges”. Study commissioned by the World Bank as part of the Project: “— Support to State Transfer Review Study Program –“.
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found