Areas of Interest:
- Economics of Growth
- Labor Economics
- International Economics
- Ph.D., Economics, Cambridge University, Trinity College, UK, 1964
- B.A., Economics, The American University of Beriut, Lebanon, 1958
- Arab Center for Research and Policy Studies, 2010-Present
- Managing Director, The Jordan Center for Public Policy Research and Dialogue, 2004-2010
- Secretary General, The Higher Council for Science and Tecnology, Amman, Mar.2002-Jun.2004
- Managing Director, Arab Bank Center for Scientific Research, Arab Bank, Amman, Jan.2000-Mar.2002
- Kanaan, Taher and May Hanania. 2009. “The Disconnect Between Education, Job Growth and Employment in Jordan.” In Generation in Waiting: The Unfulfilled Promise of Young People in the Middle East, T. Yousef and N. Dhillon (eds.). Brookings Institution Press.
- The Story of Economic Growth in Jordan, 1950-2003, by Taher H. Kanaan and Marwan A. Kardoosh, paper presented for publication in the ERF’s Growth Research Program, volume edited by Jeffrey Nugent and Hashim Pasaran, forthcoming by Cambridge University Press. 2005.
- Employment and Labour Markets in Jordan, by Taher H. Kanaan and Marwan A. Kardoosh, Paper Presented at the Mediterranean Development Forum (MDF), Amman October 2002.
There are no Articles found