- Ph.D., Economics, University of California, USA
- M.A., Economics, University of California, USA
- Independent Consultant and CEO, North Africa Bureau of Economic Studies (NABES) International, a consultancy company and think tank. Tunis, Tunisia, 2012
- Consultant, Economic Research Forum for the Arab Countries, Iran and Turkey, 2014 – Present
- Member and Chair of the Board of the Partnership for Economic Policy (PEP), Kenya, 2013 – Present
- Governer, Central Bank of Tunisia, 2011-2012
- The Political Economy of the New Arab Awakening”, (With Hakim Ben Hammouda), in Justin Lin and Celestin Monga (Eds.), Handbook of Africa and Economics edited, 2015, Oxford University Press.
- “The Potential Economic Dividends of Arab Revolutions”, (With Hakim Ben Hammouda), in Justin Lin and Celestin Monga (Eds.), Handbook of Africa and Economics, 2015, Oxford University Press.
- “Natural Resources, Volatility and Inclusive Growth: Perspectives from the Middle East and North Africa”, (with Rabah Arezki), in Rabah Arezki, Catherine Patillo, Marc Quintyn and Min Zhu (Editors), Commodity Price Volatility and Inclusive Growth in Low-Income Countries; International Monetary Fund, 2012.
- “Tunisia: Top Performance in Africa and the Middle East (but less than Stellar Globally)”, in Ernest Aryeetey, Shatayan Devarajan, Ravi Kanbur and Louis Kasekende (Editors), The Oxford Companion to the Economics of Africa, Oxford University Press, 2012
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found