Areas of Interest:
- Economics of Innovation and Technological Change
- Foreign Direct Investment and its implications for MENA countries
- Determinants of economic catching up in the era of globalization
- Industrial policy, technology and innovation policies
- Ph.D., Economics, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, 2000
- M.A., Econometrics, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, 1991
- B.A., Economics, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, 1988
- Professor, Head of the Department of Science and Technology Policy Studies, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, Oct .2014
- Associate Professor, Department of Science and Technology Policy Studies, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, Feb .2009 –Oct. 2014
- Assistant Professor, Department of Science and Technology Policy Studies, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, Turkey, Apr.2006 – Feb. 2009
- Research Fellow, Henri Tudor Public Research Center, Economics of Knowledge and Innovation Management Unit, Luxembourg, Jan.2005 – Jan.2006
- “Does government support for private innovation matter? Firm-level evidence from two catching up countries”, revised and resubmitted for Research Policy (with K. Szczygielski, W. Grabowski and V. Sinan Tandogan)
- “R&D, Knowledge Diffusion Channels and Productivity: Evidence from Manufacturing Firms in Turkey”, Journal of Productivity Analysis, August 2015, (with H. Ulku).
- “Analysing R&D Activities of Foreign Enterprises in Emerging Economies: Lessons from Turkey”, 2015, “Foreign Direct Investment” in: David Dyker (ed.), The World Scientific Reference on Globalization in Eurasia and the Pacific Rim: Investment, Innovation, Energy, Migration and Development (4 volumes), Imperial College Press (with E. Erdil).
- “Assessing the drivers of R&D activities of firms in developing countries. Evidence from Turkey”, (2014), The European Journal of Development Research, 26, 853–869. (with E. Kalayci)
- “Does R&D Intensity Contribute to Technical Efficiency in Turkey?”, (2014), Iktisat, Isletme ve Finans, , 29 (336), 9-30 (with E. Kalayci).
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found