Areas of Interest:
- Financial Economics
- Economic Growth
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Warwick, England, 1995
- M.Sc., Economic and Social Policy Analysis, University of York, England, 1990
- Diploma, Quantitative Development Economics, Warwick University, England, 1989
- Senior Vice President for the 2030 Development Agenda, UN Relations, and Partnerships, 2016
- Corporate Secretary and Executive Secretary to the Development Committee of the World Bank Group’s Board of Governors, 2014
- President’s Special Envoy on the Millennium Development Goals, 2013
- Managing Director, The World Bank, 2010 – Present
- Minister of Investment of the Arab Republic of Egypt, 2004 – 2010
- Professor in Financial Economics, Department of Economics, Faculty of Economics & Political Science, Cairo University, 2006 – present
- Associate Professor in Financial Economics, Department of Economics, Faculty of Economics & Political Science, Cairo University, 2001 – 2006
- “Finding the Missing Millions Can Help Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.” Huffington Post, 8 Dec. 2015
- “Financing Sustainable Development: Innovative Ideas for Action.” World Bank blog. Washington, D.C, 21 Oct. 2015
- “Combating Desertification in the Post-2015 Agenda.” Huffington Post, 17 July 2014.
- “Partnerships to finance the post-2015 development agenda.” Development Progress financing progress blog series, ODI, 17 July 2014.
- “The MDGs and Beyond.” Let’s Talk Development, World Bank blog, 10 Jan. 2013 “Getting Cities Right.” Project Syndicate, 26 Feb. 2013.
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found