Areas of Interest:
- Islamic Finance
- International Economics
- Ph.D., Economics, Northwestern University, 1988
- M.Sc., Statistics, Stanford University, 1985
- M.A., Economics, The American University in Cairo, 1985
- B.A. Economics, The American University in Cairo, 1983
- Professor of Economics and Statistics, Rice University, (01/1998 – present)
- Chair of Islamic Economics, Finance & Management, Rice University, (01/1998 – present)
- Will Clayton Fellow in International Economics, James A. Baker III Institute for Public Policy, Rice University, (01/2010 – 12/2011)
- Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, The American University in Cairo, (07/2014 – 06/2015)
- “BankInsured RoSCA for Microfinance: Experimental Evidence in Poor Egyptian Villages” (with Mohamed ElKomi,
- Dean Karlan, and Adam Osman), Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 103 (Supplement), July 2014.
- “Nonstationarity and Stochastic Stability of Relative Income Clubs” (with Deockhyun Ryu), Review of Income and Wealth 59(4), 2013, pp. 756775.
- “Risk Loving after the Storm: A BayesianNetwork Study of Hurricane Katrina Evacuees,” (with Catherine Eckel and Rick Wilson), Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 69(2), 2009, pp. 110124.
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found