Areas of Interest:
- Labor and Human Development
- Ph.D., Economics, The University of Oxford, 1975
- B.A., (Great Distinction), Economics, Stanford University, 1971
- The Brookings Institution – Present
- Chief Economist, Africa Region, The World Bank, Jul.2004
- Director, Poverty Reduction and Senior Advisor, Development Policy, The World Bank, May 2000-Jun.2004
- Director, Economic Policy and Senior Advisor, Development Policy, The World Bank, Jul.1999-Apr.2000
- “Migration, Remittances and Economic Development: A Review of Global Evidence” (with Sonia Plaza) Journal of African Economies 15 Special issue 2, 2006
- “Boom, Bust and the Poor: Poverty Dynamics in the Middle East and North Africa, 1970 – 1999.” The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance (December 2006).
- “Strategies for Pro-poor Growth: Pro-poor, pro-growth or both?” Journal of African Economies 15, 4 December 2006.
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found