Areas of Interest:
- Development Economics
- Industrial Organization
- Public Economics
- Applied Econometrics
- Ph.D. (Economics – with highest honors), Toulouse School of Economics, University of Toulouse, France (2004).
- M.Sc. (Economics – with distinction), Economics of the Environment and Natural Resources, University of Toulouse, France (2001).
- Master of Business Administration MBA (with distinction), Paris Graduate School of Management, European School of Management, France (2000).
- B.A. (Economics), American University of Beirut, Lebanon (1999).
- Associate Professor of Economics: American University of Beirut, Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences, Department of Agricultural Sciences (2013-to date).
- Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs: Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences, American University of Beirut (2010-2012).
- Assistant Professor of Economics: American University of Beirut, Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences, Department of Agricultural Sciences (2008-2013).
- Ali Chalak, Chaza Abou-Daher, Jad Chaaban, Mohamad G. Abiad,” The global economic and regulatory determinants of household food waste generation: A cross-country analysis”, Waste Management, Volume 48, February 2016, Pages 418-422
- Jad Chaaban, Alexandra Irani and Alexander Khoury, “The Composite Global Well-Being Index (CGWBI): A New Multi-Dimensional Measure of Human Development”, Social Indicators Research
- Rima R. Habib , Safa Hojeij , Kareem Elzein , Jad Chaaban , Karin Seyfert, “Associations between life conditions and multi-morbidity in marginalized populations: the case of Palestinian refugees”, The European Journal of Public Health Jul 2014, DOI: 10.1093/eurpub/cku089
- Abou Zaki, S., J. Chaaban, A. Chalak, L. Nasreddine, “The Impact of Food Price Increases on Nutrient Intake in Lebanon”, Agricultural and Food Economics 2014, 2(1), 1-15
- Salti N., Chaaban J., Naamani N., “The Economics of Tobacco in Lebanon: An Estimation of the Social Costs of Tobacco Consumption”, Subst Use Misuse 2013 49 (6), 735-742
- N. Salti, J. Chaaban, R. Nakkash and H. Alaouie, “The Effect of Taxation on Tobacco Consumption and Public Revenues in Lebanon”, Tobacco Control 2013 June.
There are no Articles found