Areas of Interest:
- Applied general equilibrium modelling for policy analysis;
- Quantitative methods in macro economic models;
- Economic growth
- Ph.D., Economics, Bilkent University, Turkey, 2003
- M.A., Economics, Bilkent University, Turkey, 1998
- B.S. Industrial Engineering, Bilkent University, Turkey, 1996
- Associate Professor, Department of Economics, Middle East Technical University – present
- Economic Affairs Officer, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
(UNCTAD), Division of Globalization and Development Strategies (GDS), October 2015-2017
- Assoc. Prof. Dr., Department of Economics, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, TURKEY, 2011-
- Visiting Scholar, Environmental and Resource Economics, Environmental Management, Centre for
European Economic Research (ZEW), Mannheim, GERMANY, Sept. 2011-Sept. 2012.
- Asst. Prof. Dr., Department of Economics, Middle East Technical University, Ankara, TURKEY, 2004-
- Visiting Scholar, Department of Economics, University of Utah, USA, 2003-2004
- Research and Teaching Assistant, Dept. of Economics, Bilkent University, Ankara, TURKEY, 1996-2003
- “An Applied Endogenous Growth Model with Human and Knowledge Capital Accumulation for the Turkish Economy“ , Forthcoming in Middle East Development Journal , 7(2), 195-225, 2015 with (Erinc Yeldan).
- “Planning for Regional Development: A General Equilibrium Analysis for Turkey”, in Economic Planning and Industrial Policy in the Globalizing Economy: Concepts, Experience, Prospects, Yulek, M (ed.), London: Springer, 2015 (with Erinc Yeldan, Kamil Tasci, Mehmet Emin Ozsan)
- “Marching to the Beat of a Late Drummer: Neo-liberal Industrialization Experience of Turkey Since 1980”,New Perspectives on Turkey, No: 47, 83-113, Fall 2012 (with Erol Taymaz).
- “Industrial Restructuring and Technological Capabilities in Turkey”, in Turkey and the Global Economy: The New Phase of Neo-Liberal Restructuring and Integration in the Post-Crisis Era,
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found