Areas of Interest:
- Development Economics
- Health Economics
- Migration, Demographic and Population Economics
- Applied Econometrics
- Ph.D. in Economics, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada, 2012
- M.A in Economics, Alexandria University, Egypt, 2007
- B.A in Economics, Alexandria University, Egypt, 1999
- Associate Professor, Department of Economics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada, 2019-present
- Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada, 2014-2018
- Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, Concordia University, Canada, 2012-2014
- Part-time Faculty Member, Department of Economics, Concordia University, Canada, winter 2012
- Rashad, A. S. and E.I. Mansour, E. I. (2019). Son Preference and Child Under nutrition in the Arab Countries: Is There a Gender Bias against Girls?” Middle East Development Journal, forthcoming.
- Rashad, A. S., Sharaf, M. F., & Mansour, E. I. (2019). Why are Palestinian refugee children shorter than the children of host community in Jordan?. Migration and Development, 1-13.
- Rashad, A. S., Sharaf, M. F., & Mansour, E. I. (2019). Does public health insurance increase maternal health care utilization in Egypt?. Journal of International Development. In press.
- Rashad, A. S., Sharaf, M. F., and Mansour,E.I (2019). Does Income Inequality Increase Violence Against Women? An Instrumental Variable Approach. The European Journal of Development Research, 1-30.
- Rashad, A., & Sharaf, M.F. (2019). Does Maternal Employment Affect Child Nutrition Status? New Evidence from Egypt. Oxford Development Studies, 1-15.
- Sharaf, M.F., & Mansour,E.I. and Rashad, A.S. (2019). Child Nutritional Status in Egypt: A comprehensive Analysis of Socio-Economic Determinants using Quantile Regression Approach. Journal of Biosocial Science (forthcoming).
- Sharaf, M.F., & Rashad, A.S. (2018). Socioeconomic Inequalities in Infant Mortality in Egypt: Analyzing Trends between 1995 and 2014. Social Indicators Research, 137(3), 1185-1199.
- Rashad, A.S. & Sharaf, M.F. (2018). Does Economic Growth Reduce Child Malnutrition? New Evidence from National Demographic and Health Survey. Social Indicators Research, 135(2), 769-795.
- Rashad, A. S., & Sharaf, M. F. (2016). Economic Growth and Child Malnutrition in Egypt: New Evidence from National Demographic and Health Survey. Social Indicators Research, 1-27. doi:10.1007/s11205-016-1515-y
- Sharaf, M. F. and A. S. Rashad (2016). “Regional inequalities in child malnutrition in Egypt, Jordan, and Yemen: a Blinder-Oaxaca decomposition analysis.” Health Economics Review 6(1): 1-11
There are no Upcoming Events
There are no Articles found