IMF Middle East and Central Asia Department (MCD), in collaboration with IMF Innovation Lab, seeks participation by economics students in the Fund Challenge for MCD Countries.
- Teams may consist of up to two students per institution of higher learning. All students participating must register using the Fund Challenge Registration Site by October 15, 2018. There is no limit on the number of teams that register per institution.
- Each team member must successfully complete the Online Course: Macroeconomic Diagnostics (MDSx), provided online by the IMF at no charge to participants.
- Teams who successfully complete the required online course will be sent a new case study to analyze. Teams will then submit:
- a presentation that (a) describes the current economic situation in the case study, and (b) recommends policies to address the identified challenges
- a letter from a faculty member certifying enrollment at an institution of higher learning in a MCD member country to IMF‐FundChallenge@imf.org
- Presentations may be submitted in any format, MS PowerPoint is recommended.
- Details on submission process and deadlines will be communicated once the online course completes on November 28, 2018.
Finalist teams will visit the IMF Spring Meetings in Washington, D.C., in April 2019. This is an opportunity to meet with policy makers, members of academia, and civil society organizations from around the world. Finalists will also present their analysis to other participants of the Spring Meetings, attend seminars, press conferences, and other events.
MCD member countries include Afghanistan, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, the Kyrgyz Republic, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, the United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, and Yemen.
Please click here for the information flyer.